Losec® (Omeprazole) provides lasting freedom from heartburn and reflux.
Don’t just relieve the symptoms of heartburn and reflux, treat the root cause for lasting freedom from the burning pain. Losec® is one of the most well-known heartburn and reflux medications, and now it’s available without prescription from your pharmacist. Only Losec® delivers the strength needed for the effective management of heartburn.
Unlike antacids that only temporarily relieve the symptoms, Losec® treats the root cause of heartburn and reflux, offering lasting freedom from the burning pain of heartburn and reflux.
Take 2 tablets once daily until symptoms improve, then reduce the dose to 1 tablet once daily. If symptoms returns, the dose may be increased to 2 tablets once daily. Use the lowest dose that controls your symptoms. Use should not be prolonged except on medical advice
For short term treatment only.
Your pharmacist’s advice is required.
Please read the enclosed pack insert carefully before using Losec.
Do not use Losec:
- If you are under 18 years old
- If the package use-by-date has expired
- If the blister pack seals are broken
When to seek medical advice:
- If you have unexplained weight loss
- If swallowing is difficult or painful
- If you are vomitting blood or your bowel motions are black or tar-like
- If you have persistent regurgitation of food or persistent vomitting
Losec® and MUPS® are registered trade marks of the AstraZeneca group of companies. Losec® is distributed under licence by Bayer New Zealand Limited. Losec is a Pharmacist Only Medicine used for the relief of reflux-like symptoms – heartburn or regurgitation for people aged 18 years and over. Medicines have benefits and some may have risks. Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects see your pharmacist.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.