Medihoney Wound Gel is an alternative approach to wound healing and is a great all-rounder for the first-aid kit. Medihoney Wound Gel is a sterile product which creates an optimal environment for the healing of minor wounds. The easy to apply gel creates a moist, low pH environment that supports wound healing. The moist environment protects the new tissue from reinjury when changing the dressing.
Medihoney Wound Gel is suitable for use on minor wounds, burns, cuts, grazes, blisters, scratches, tears and abrasions.
Comvita supplies medical grade Manuka honey to our trusted and long term manufacturer of Medihoney Wound Care, Derma Sciences. Derma Sciences are a tissue regeneration company based in North America who specialise in the research and innovation of wound care.
- Cleans: naturally cleans the wound of bacteria, dead tissue, dirt and debris by drawing it into the dressing.
- Protects: reduces the risk of infection through the creation of a physical barrier.
- Heals: creates a moist, low pH environment that supports healing.
Prepare the affected area by cleaning the wound and thoroughly drying the surrounding skin. Apply a generous quantity of Wound Gel directly onto the wound or an appropriate dressing. Secure the dressing to the area and regularly monitor the wound. Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Medihoney Wound Gel is made of 80% medical grade manuka honey combined with natural wax and oils to provide a high viscosity gel that is easy to apply and easy to wash off when dressings are changed. Medihoney wound gel can be used throughout the healing process.
All of the products in the Comvita Medihoney® range contain medical grade manuka honey, which is a standardised grade of antibacterial Leptospermum sp. (Manuka) honey as specified by scientific research.
The earliest record of therapeutic honey use dates as far back as 2000 B.C. Honey has been used as a healing substance throughout history by the ancient Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Hindu and Chinese cultures.
Serious wounds should be managed under the supervision of a healthcare professional. Do not use on individuals who have had an allergic reaction to honey.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.