Made from 100% pure cold pressed flax seed oil, flax original is our most widely used product for topping up Omega-3 levels. It tastes great too.
Flax seed oil is approximately 60% Omega-3 alpha linolenic acid (ALA), and also contains the Omega-6 linoleic acid (LA) and the monounsaturated Omega-9 oleic acid.
Research has shown that the majority of western diets are deficient in the Omega-3 essential fatty acids. While our bodies evolved on a diet with a 1:1 ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6, some researchers have estimated that many people consume more than 20 times as much Omega-6 as Omega-3. Long-term imbalance in fatty acid intake results in symptoms of sub-optimal health.
flax original can top up your Omega-3 levels if you are experiencing symptoms of Omega-3 deficiency such as:
- Dry skin and hair conditions, soft or brittle nails. The most common symptom is some form of skin problem
- Inflammatory conditions - acne, eczema, psoriasis and arthritis
- Lowered immunity, slow healing and allergic conditions like asthma
- Vision problems and dry eyes
- Learning disorders and behavioural changes like ADD/ADHD
- Mental deterioration, depression and mood swings
- Weakness, low energy and fatigue
- Tingling sensations in arms and legs
- Excessive thirst or frequent urination
Furthermore, Omega-3 fatty acids have been associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Studies have found that the Omega-3 in flax seed oil, alpha linolenic acid showed positive results in these areas:
- Protection against arrhythmia, a common cause of sudden cardiac death Reduction of LDL cholesterol, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
- Reduction of inflammation, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
- Protection against heart attack and stroke
- Possible beneficial effect on high blood pressure
The anti-inflammatory properties of flax seed oil hold promise for cancer prevention and tumour reduction.
Athletes looking for enhanced performance, endurance and shortened recovery time can find that flax seed oil helps in these areas due to improved oxygen transfer across cell membranes and increased breakdown of lactic acid. For your convenience, flax original is available in both liquid oil and capsule form.
DirectionsUse as directed
IngredientsEnergy 3660kJ (875kcal)
Fat, total 100g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans fatty acid 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 78g
Alpha linolenic acid 61g
Linoleic acid 17g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Oleic acid 14g
Carbohydrate, total 0g
Vitamin E (total tocopherols) 9.4mg
Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol equivalents) 2.5mg
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
The product is great, on line purchase from Netpharmacy is so easy and they take care the oil bottles are packed in chilly pads for transit. They arrive nice and cold
The product arrived complete packaged with a chilli pad and was cold when we put it in the frig for long keeping. Thank you for the service.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.