NAC is a potent antioxidant that helps reinforce the body’s own antioxidant support system by being a precursor to glutathione, a powerful intracellular antioxidant made by the body. NAC supports a number of processes including liver detoxification, the release of mucous from the lungs and supports normal blood clotting and been shown to be beneficial in multiple areas of neurological health.
Solgar® NAC 600 mg is one of Solgar’s premium-quality amino acid range products, containing N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, an amino acid which has powerful liver detoxification qualities.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and are needed in several internal functions of the body. They are classified as “essential” or “non-essential”, with essential amino acids meaning they cannot be manufactured by the body and must be supplied in the diet to maintain good all-round health. Amino acids can be further used by the body to create hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitters, antibodies and nutrient carriers. A suboptimal intake of the essential amino acids increases the body’s need for the non-essential amino acids either through diet or supplementation. Foods that increase amino acid intake are meat, beans, cheese and eggs.
L-Cysteine is an amino acid, bearing sulphur, which plays a role in metabolism as it supports the synthesis from fatty acids into energy. It is also involved in the synthesis of keratin, the protein in skin, hair and nails. It can be used to make glutathione. Solgar® NAC 600 mg comes in a daily dose of 1 vegetable capsule, for easy absorption. Solgar NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) 600 mg in vegetable capsule is derivate from the amino acid cysteine.
- Cysteine is required to make glutathione
- Important for keratin synthesis for healthy skin, hair and nails
- Naturally occurring in keratin, the protein in skin, hair and nails
- One of Solgar’s premium-quality amino acid range
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Kosher
Take one (1) vegetable capsule up to two times daily, between meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Each vegatable capsule provides:
NAC (as N-acetyl-L-cysteine) (Free Form) 600 mg
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Silica.
Free of Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Sugar, Salt, Artificial Flavours, Artificial Sweeteners, Artificial Preservatives, Artificial Colours
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.