Solgar® L-Phenylalanine 500 mg Vegetable Capsules is one of Solgar’s premium-quality amino acid range products, containing L- Phenylalanine, an essential amino acid which functions as the precursor to Tyrosine.
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and are needed in several internal functions of the body. They are classified as “essential” or “non-essential”, with essential amino acids meaning they cannot be manufactured by the body and must be supplied in the diet to maintain good all-round health. Amino acids can be further used by the body to create hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitters, antibodies and nutrient carriers. A suboptimal intake of the essential amino acids increases the body’s need for the non-essential amino acids either through diet or supplementation. Foods that increase amino acid intake are meat, beans, cheese and eggs.
L-Phenyalanine is the precursor to Tyrosine, which is used the create hormones such as epinephrine, norepinephrine, DOPA and dopamine.
- An essential amino acid
- Precursor to Tyrosine which is used to make dopamine and adrenaline
- Important for producing neurotransmitters
- One of Solgar’s premium-quality amino acid range
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Kosher
One (1) vegetable capsule daily, preferably at mealtimes or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Each vegetable capsule provides:
L-Phenylalanine (Free Form) 500 mg
Non-Active Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, Anti-caking Agent: vegetable magnesium stearate.
This product contains L-phenylalanine. Not recommend if taking Levodopa or have tardive dyskinesia.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist please see your healthcare professional.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.