L-Glutamine is the most common of the amino acids and is found in large amounts in your muscles. In fact, approximately 60% of the total amount of amino acid in the muscle is glutamine. It is classified as a non-essential amino acid (e.g. it can be made in the body), but, as it provides fuel to your muscles, in certain situations the demand for glutamine increases and our body is not able to produce sufficient amounts. For example, during intense exercise, glutamine stores are depleted because the body is placed under stress and muscles and tendons require more of this amino acid. In this case, to minimize breakdown of muscle, glutamine needs to be obtained from the diet or through supplementation.
Natural sources of glutamine are grass-fed beef, wild caught fish, cottage cheese, asparagus and broccoli. Even if you make sure that you include glutamine rich foods in your diet, or even by topping up your glutamine levels from using whey powder, it can still be beneficial to take a supplement. The low dose of Solgar® 500 mg L-Glutamine can make sure that your levels will be restored.
- Amino acid required by every muscle in the body
- Popular with people with a regular active lifestyle
- Good addition to those already using whey powder
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Kosher
Solgar® 500 mg L-Glutamine Vegetable Capsules are kosher and suitable for vegan and vegetarian. The 1 a day dosage provides the body with 500 mg L-Glutamine.
Take one (1) vegetable capsules up to three times daily, between meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Each vegatable capsule provides:
L-Glutamine (Free Form) 500 mg
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Vegetable Stearic Acid.
Free of Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Sugar, Salt, Artificial Flavours, Artificial Sweeteners, Artificial Preservatives, Artificial Colours
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Easy to take instead of using power - 1 a day makes it easy to remember
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.