Solgar® Cod Liver Oil Softgels is a formula rich of essential fatty acids and Vitamin A and Vitamin D. The product is derived from deep-sea, cold-water fish and has been molecularly distilled to remove harmful contaminants. Cod liver is a rich source of essential vitamins including Vitamin A and D, as well as fatty acids.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that supports optimal wellbeing, the benefits of the “sunshine vitamin” are numerous and well documented, but particularly for immune health. With over a billion people worldwide with very low levels of vitamin D; in addition to changing your diet and lifestyle, taking a vitamin D supplement is a good way to top up.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin which can be found in two forms; retinol and beta carotene. Retinol can be found in foods from an animal source, with the other type of Vitamin A being derived from colourful fruits and vegetables. Several of the body’s systems are dependent on sufficient levels of Vitamin A. It comes into play with wound healing and skin regrowth as it supports the epithelial skin cells and production of keratin. Eye health benefits from Vitamin A as well, as the retina requires this vitamin for night and daytime vision; low Vitamin A status can cause poor vision.
By taking 1 softgel of Solgar® Cod Liver Oil a day, you will nourish your body with the powerful combination of Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A and Vitamin D.
- Premium blend of essential fatty acid and Vitamins A & D
- Supports brain, vision and heart health • Supports the immune system
- Derived from deep-sea, cold-water fish
- Molecularly distilled to remove harmful contaminants
Take one (1) softgel three times daily, preferably with meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Each softgel provides:
Cod (Fish) Liver Oil 462 mg Vitamin A 375 mcg
Vitamin D 3.4 mcg (135 IU)
Other Ingredients: Cod Liver Oil, Gelatin, Vegetable Glycerin, Retinyl Palmitate, Cholecalciferol, Mixed Tocopherols. Contains fish (Cod).
Free of Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Sugar, Salt, Artificial Flavours, Artificial Sweeteners, Artificial Preservatives, Artificial Colours
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.