Please note: THIS IS A PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE (see Prescription Medicine Tab above for ordering and fulfillment process).
Note: Sildenafil has now been reclassified as pharmacist only medicine for erectile dysfunction. Net Pharmacy is now accredited to supply sildenafil without a prescription to adult males (35 to 70 years old) presenting in person after a screening process with a trained pharmacist. Our pharmacists in store are trained to consult and dispense Silvasta without a prescription from the doctor. For further details, call us on 0508 881188.
Silvasta 100mg (sidefanil citrate) is designed to treat mean suffering from erectile dysfunction. This oral therapy for the treatment of ED causes an increased blood flow to the penis. This natural stimulation of the penis leads to an erection that is sustained.
Mechanism of Action
Upon sexual stimulation, nitric oxide (NO) is released into the corpus cavernosum. NO is responsible for activating guanylate cyclise, an enzyme which induces higher levels of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). cGMP promotes relaxation of the smooth muscles to facilitate an increased inflow of blood to the corpus cavernosum in the penis. Silvasta 100mg is a PDE5 inhibitor. Phosphodiesterase Type 5 compounds cause the breakdown of cGMP. By inhibiting PDE5, there results a higher level of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum. cGMP can relax the smooth muscles so more blood can flow into the penile tissue. What’s more, Silvasta promotes the action of NO in order to activate the NO/cGMP pathway for natural sexual stimulation. Still, there is a need for manual stimulation of the penis before Silvasta can take effect.
Silvasta 100mg has undergone randomized, double blind placebo controlled trials to test its efficacy and safety. The study consisted of over 3,000 participants between the age range of 19 to 87. Results indicate that patients experienced improved erections: over 62% for 25mg, 74% for 50mg, 82% for 100mg versus the 25% improvement for the placebo. Furthermore, the patients had improved orgasm, better intercourse satisfaction and overall satisfaction. Two other clinical studies show that sildefanil was still capable of producing an erection even after 4 to 5 hours of taking the medicine. Then, the onset of erection was within 12 to 37 minutes upon taking sildefanil.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction is a condition wherein males fail to get or sustain an erection due to decreased blood flow to the penile organ. As males age, they become more susceptible to ED, more so if they have cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer and stroke. Certain medications and drugs can also caused ED as a side effect.
How To Treat Erection Dysfunction
One way to treat ED is to adopt a healthy lifestyle. One must exercise regularly and refrain from smoking to lower the risk of having ED. Medicines like Silvasta and PDE5 inhibitors also treat ED.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Please Note: If the Item you are viewing IS a Prescription Medicine the NZ regulations require that we need the original prescription before we can dispense any prescription medication. The prescription must be written by a New Zealand doctor registered with the New Zealand Medical Council.
How do you know if this product is a Prescription Medicine?
The first line of the product description will identify 'THIS IS A PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE' If the product does not have this identifier then it is not a prescription medicine and can be purchased without a prescription. A list of prescription medicines can also be found lower down on this page.
Prescription orders will be cancelled automatically if no prescription is received from the purchaser within 7 days.
TO FULFILL YOUR PRESCRIPTION FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE BELOW:
- Step 1: purchase your Prescription Medicine via this Netpharmacy Shop. (See Below for our list of Prescription Medicine).
- Step 2: to complete the checkout process you will be required to complete the prescription form (found on the checkout page) including uploading a photo of your prescription.
- Step 3: once the prescription form is complete you will be able to check out and pay for your medicine.
- Step 4: on the original prescription, write order number and phone number and mail the original to Netpharmacy - 109 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland 1052 (by law the original is required prior to us sending the order).
There is NZD$5.95 postage and handling fee on top of the prescription fee. Prescriptions are exempt from our freight free policy.
Once we have received your original prescription, we will contact you to confirm the receipt. Please make sure you provide your day contact number. It generally takes about 5 working days for the time it takes for your prescription to arrive in the mail and for us to dispense it and courier it to you. Any urgent request must be communicated beforehand.
What if I have repeat prescriptions?
Simply place a prescription order and email us on email@example.com with your order number and your full name. E-mail title should be "Repeat prescription". If you do not remember what to repeat, call our pharmacist on (09) 373 4485.
What do I need to know about prescription medicines?
New Zealand law requires us to receive an original prescription from a New Zealand registered Medical Practitioner before we can dispense prescription medicines. New Zealand pharmacies are prohibited from supplying prescription medicines to overseas.
Can I return prescription medicine for a refund?
No. Due to New Zealand Health regulation, medicines cannot be returned for credit. This is because once the product has left the pharmacy, the storage conditions of the product cannot be guaranteed and also it is possible the product could be tampered with.
If you have any questions, please fill the form on the contact us page and our customer service team will contact you immediately. The pricings are available below.
BELOW IS OUR PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE LIST:
- Viagra 100mg 12 Tablets
- Caverject Impulse 10 micrograms
- Caverject Impulse 20 micrograms
- Cialis 5mg 28 Tablets
- Cialis 10mg 4 Tablets
- Cialis 20mg 4 Tablets
- Cialis 20mg 8 Tablets
- Finasteride 5mg 10 Tablets
- Finasteride 5mg 30 Tablets
- Melorex 7.5g 30 Tablets
- Melorex 15mg 30 Tablets
- Modavigil 100mg 30 Tablets
- Modavigil 100mg 60 Tablets
- Propecia 1mg 28 Tablets
- Yasmin 84 Tablets
- Yaz 84 Tablets
- Silvasta 100mg 4 Tablets
If your prescription product is not listed here, please contact us and our customer service team will be able to assist your further with your request.
ECP (Emergency Contraceptive)
If you have had unprotected sex or think that your contraception may have failed, taking emergency contraception will usually prevent a pregnancy.
The ECP is sometimes known as the "morning after pill" however can be used up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. It efficacy rate does decrease however for each 24 hour delay. Thus the sooner it is taken after unprotected sex the more effective it will be.
HOW DOES THE PILL WORK?
The ECP a progesterone only pill prevents pregnancy in two ways:
- Preventing the passage of sperm through a woman's genital system
- Delaying the release of an egg from the ovary until sperm are no longer active
Our trained pharmacists are available in store only for consultation for the ECP.
Trimethoprim for Cystitis/Urinary tract infections
Symptoms of cystitis
Cystitis is an infection of the bladder and passage that carries the urine from the body. Cystitis will usually cause two or more of these symptoms:
- Pain or burning when passing urine
- Needing to urinate often
- Needing to urinate urgently (without much warning)
- Discomfort just above the pubic area
If you have any of the following symptoms, see your doctor:
- Fever or a hot/cold feeling
- Vomiting or feeling like you are going to vomit
- Pain on the sides of the lower back (over the kidney area)
- Feeling particularly unwell
These are symptoms of a kidney infection and need treatment from a doctor.
If you have vaginal symptoms such as itch or discharge, talk to your pharmacist or doctor, as you may not have cystitis. Vaginal itching / irritation or vaginal discharge may be a sign of a fungal infection or a sexually transmitted infection. If you think you are at risk of a sexually transmitted infection e.g. chlamydia or genital herpes, see your doctor to get the right treatment promptly.
If you have cystitis and any of the following apply, you need to see a doctor:
- You are a male
- You are under 16 years old or over 65 years old
- You are pregnant or might be pregnant
- You have had more than three cases of cystitis in the last year (12 months)
- You have had cystitis in the last 2 weeks (apart from this instance)
- You have kidney problems, including kidney stones
- Your urinary tract (passageway for urine) is not normal or you have a catheter
- You have a spinal cord injury
- You have diabetes
- Your immune system doesn’t work properly
TREATMENT OF CYSTITIS
Cystitis can often come right on its own, but antibiotics will help this happen faster. If you have mild symptoms you may be able to drink plenty of water and avoid the need for antibiotics. Discuss the best option for you with your pharmacist or doctor.
Your pharmacist or doctor can also recommend sachets that you mix into water and drink to make your urine less acidic, which means less pain when you urinate (pass urine).
Anyone with symptoms of cystitis should drink plenty of water.
Our trained pharmacists are available in store only for consultation for the UTI.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.