Fridge item, delivery within NZ only.
Proctesedyl ointment contain the active ingredients hydrocortisone, a steroid, and cinchocaine hydrochloride, a local anaesthetic. These work together to reduce swelling and numb pain. Proctosedyl ointment is used for the short term relief of the discomfort of haemorrhoids (piles) and other painful conditions of the anus (rear end) such as fissures (tears). Do not use for more than 7 days unless instructed by your doctor. Haemorrhoids often result when people strain while trying to open their bowel (defecating). This problem is often, but not always, associated with low-fibre diets. Proctesedyl ointment should be used on the advice of your doctor or pharmacist.
DirectionsGently apply a small amount of ointment (by finger or nozzle) to the affected area up to 3 times daily. For rectal use only.
IngredientsEach gram contains: Hydrocortisone 5mg, and Cinchocaine hydrochloride 5mg. Inactive ingredients include liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin and wool fat.
WarningsDo not use proctosedyl if you have experienced an allergic reaction with hydrocortisone or cinchocaine hydrochloride, or with any of the other ingredients. Do not use Proctosedyl when infections affecting the anus or surrounding area are present e.g. sexu
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Really helpful - quick acting product.