Otrivin Plus Nasal Spray contains the active ingredients xylometazoline hydrochloride and ipratropium bromide. The xylometazoline helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing swollen blood vessels and the ipratropium reduces mucus production.
How to use
Adults 18 years and over: 1 spray in each nostril, up to 3 times daily, as needed. Do not use more often than every 6 hours. Do not exceed 3 applications per nostril per day.
- Before first use, remove cap and press applicator until an even spray is produced.
- You may need to repeat this if you have not used the spray for longer than 6 days.
- Do not cut the nozzle.
- Blow your nose gently to clear.
- Insert nozzle into nostril and press applicator firmly once while sniffing deeply.
- Withdraw nozzle and release applicator.
- Repeat in other nostril.
- Wipe nozzle clean and replace cap.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.5 mg/mL) and ipratropium bromide (0.6 mg/mL), disodium edetate, glycerol, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, purified water.
Do not use
- If you are under 18 years of age
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline, ipratropium, atropine or similar substances
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma
- If you have inflammatory nasal dryness
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you are taking other medicines
Warnings & cautions
- If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
- Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
- Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
- Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
- Excessive use may damage lining of nose
- If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use
- Do not use in or around the eyes.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.