Formulated with a lower concentration of active ingredient to relieve little blocked noses. Perfect for children who favour a spray format.
Otrivin Junior Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal congestion.
How to use
For children aged 6-11 years: 2 sprays per nostril, use 2-3 times daily, as necessary. Do not use more often than every 8 hours. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Before first use, remove protective cap and press applicator until an even spray is produced.
- Clear nose of mucus by wiping, or have child blow nose gently.
- Insert nozzle into nostril and press applicator firmly once.
- Children old enough to understand should be told to sniff during application.
- Withdraw nozzle and release applicator. Repeat in other nostril. Wipe nozzle and replace cap.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.5 mg/mL), benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dedecahydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol, methlyhydroxypropylcellulose and purified water.
Do not use
- In children under 6 years of age.
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma
- If you have inflammatory nasal dryness
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you are taking other medicines
Warnings & cautions
- If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
- Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
- Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
- Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
- Excessive use may damage lining of nose
- If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
This works a treat for my nine year old when she has a mild cold, it seems to help when she has a blocked nose. Just 2 sprays in each nostril before bedtime and she slept well and her nose didn’t seem as congested.