Retail Price: NZ$39.00
Quit your smoking through easy, convenient chewing gums with great flavors!
Nicotrol Chewing Gum 2mg Classic is a smoking cessation aid that brings relief from your nicotine cravings. Nicotine gum belongs to a group of medications designed to deliver nicotine to the body to reduce withdrawal symptoms and the urge to smoke. This stop smoking aid comes in potent 2mg strength to help curb your smoking urges. Each piece of chewing gum promotes temporary abstinence from smoking or even smoking reduction.
Nicotrol Chewing Gum 2mg Classic features the benefits of nicotine chewing gum. The gum may be used in conjunction with a smoking cessation program or other stop smoking program. It can also be complemented by counselling, guidance, group sessions and the like, targeting behaviour change in smokers.
- Helps motivate smokers to stop smoking
- Provides support when smoking is prohibited
- Relieves withdrawal symptoms in between cigarette smoking by those finding it difficult or hard to quit
- Contains 2mg nicotine
How to Quit Smoking – the Nicotrol Way
Nicotine gum is chewed like any gum but it must not be swallowed. Chew well until the nicotine taste and a tingling sensation fills your mouth. Once you feel the tingling sensation, temporarily stop chewing and place the gum in the insides of your cheek. Continue chewing once the tingling feeling is gone. Refrain from chewing too fast and chewing more than one gum at a time. Avoid chewing up to 24 pieces of gum per day.
- Week 1 – Week 12: Chew one piece of gum whenever you get your smoking urges.
- After Week 12: Stick to chewing at least 1 to 2 pieces of chewing gum a day until you stop. Nicotrol Chewing Gum Strengths
- 4mg – recommended for smokers who smoke 30 minutes after waking up
- 2mg – recommended for smokers who smoke within 30 minutes upon waking up
Usual dose 8-12 pieces a day. Use no more than 24 pieces of gum a day. If required, the use of nicotine patches may be combined with Nicotrol gum 2mg. Read the package insert for detailed directions for use.
Nicotrol gum should not be used by children, persons under 18 years of age, or by non-smokers.
You should not smoke while using Nicotrol gum. Do not use this gum if you are pregnant, intend to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
Please consult with your doctor or pharmacist before starting a program with Nicotrol gum if you are taking any form of prescription medicine, or if you suffer from any form of heart or vascular disease, diabetes, liver or kidney disease or have an overactive thyroid condition.
Keep out of reach of children. Foil sealed for your protection. Store below 25c.