Because glycerol is nontoxic, non-irritating and odourless, it literally has thousands of uses including:
- As a moisturising agent (or humectant) and emollient (softening agent) for cosmetics and toiletries
- In medical and pharmaceutical preparations, mainly as a means of improving smoothness (vehicle in creams), providing lubrication (eg cough mixtures, laxatives) and as a humectant
- In foods and beverages as a humectant, solvent, and sweetener, and may help preserve foods
Used in topical preparations for its lubricating and moisturising properties. Also used in liquid preparations as a sweetener instead of sugar, as a vehicle, a preservative and as a solvent.
Contains Glycerine BP
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.