Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) is a naturally occurring form of L-Carnitine, a vitamin-like nutrient synthesized in the body from the amino acids lysine and methionine. ALC plays a key role in the production of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter for brain and nerve cell function.
Both L-Carnitine and ALC serve as fat carriers. Unlike L-Carnitine, ALC readily crosses the blood-brain barrier, where it has specific benefits for brain neurons.
- Supports cognitive function, improved memory and mental alertness
- Key role in production of Acetylcholine (key neurotransmitter for brain and nerve function)
- Support for energy metabolism in the brain
- Supports healthy membrane structure in brain cells
- Support for senile dementia, Alzheimers, depression
- Helps decrease free radical production in the brain
- Helps keep nerves healthy and in repair
Not to be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding or hypothyroidism. Check with doctor if on blood thinners or Beta blockers
What is the difference between the various carnitine products that Doctor's Best offers?
Doctor's Best offers 2 different carnitine products: L-Carnitine Fumarate, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Doctor's Best L-Carnitine Fumarate is in the form of L-Carnitine fumarate. Both products contain BIOSINT L-Carnitine, which is manufactured in Italy by the reputable company Sigma-Tau. Sigma-tau Health Science, Inc has the only FDA-approved pharmaceutical batch process system for consistent L-Carnitine quality, and has been manufacturing L-Carnitine derivatives for 30 years.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.