DiaRelieve® is intended for the symptomatic relief of diarrhoea. It contains Diosmectite, a natural clay that is not absorbed into the body, and works through the adhesion of water molecules to the surface of the substance. As an effective adsorbent it can hold up to eight times its own weight of liquid, and as a result, it reduces excess fluid in the intestine and helps improve stool consistency.
DiaRelieve® is suitable for the whole family, from children 1 year and over through to adults, and comes in an orange flavour.
Adults: 1 sachet 3 times per day.
Children 6-18 years: 1 sachet 2-3 times per day.
Children 1-6 years: 1 sachet 1-2 times per day.
Add the contents of each sachet to 100 mL of water or other liquid, mix well and consume immediately. In adults, if necessary, it is advisable to consume Oral Rehydration Therapy during the treatment with DiaRelieve® to assist proper rehydration.
The sachet contents can be mixed in a bottle with 50 mL of water or other liquid and divided into 2-3 doses throughout the day, as appropriate. Shake well before each use. Reconstituted suspension can be kept for up to 24 hours at or below 25°C. DiaRelieve® can be suspended in semi-solid food such as yoghurt or porridge.
In children the treatment of diarrhoea symptoms must be accompanied by the early administration of an Oral Rehydration Therapy to avoid dehydration.
Before using this product it is advisable to seek medical advice from your healthcare professional.
To obtain a homogenous solution, pour powder slowly into the liquid and mix well.
Each sachet should be used only once after opening.
It is advisable to take DiaRelieve® between meals.
One 3.25 g sachet of DiaRelieve® contains Diosmectite 3 g.
- Do not use in children under 1 year of age.
- Do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use for more than 3 consecutive days. In children, if the symptoms persist for longer than 2 days, consult your healthcare professional.
- Do not use if you have gastric or intestinal lesions (e.g. ulcers), intestinal irritation or intestinal blockage.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.