What is Cranclense used for?
Cystitis occurs when the bladder becomes inflamed. Cystitis usually occurs as a result of a common form of infection. Certain bacteria naturally live in the large intestine including a bacterium called E.coli (Escherichia coli). Most of the time, our body keeps E.coli in check and it is not a problem. However, sometimes, E.coli may cause infections by attaching to the cells of the bladder, resulting in a bladder infection and inflammation.
Cystitis makes passing urine very painful. Urination is usually more frequent with a feeling of greater urgency. Sleep may also be disturbed due to the pain and discomfort, and working life may be disrupted.
Cystitis generally most commonly affects women, but may affect all age groups from either sex.
How does Cranclense work?
E.coli bacteria make chemicals that enable them to cling on to the cells in the bladder where they can replicate and cause infection. CRACLENSE contains cranberry that can prevent bacteria such as E.coli sticking to the cells of the urinary tract lining. As the bacteria are unable to attach and adhere to the bladder cells, the bacteria are passed out while urinating, and cystitis is then less likely to develop.
WHO IS AT RISK OF CYSTITIS AND MAY NEED CRANCLENSE?
- Females generally have a greater risk of cystitis than males, especially in the following situations:
- Increased frequency of sexual intercourse
- Diaphragm use
- People with incorrect, compromised or poor toilet hygiene such as people with dementia or young girls.
- People who fail to empty their bladder properly due to various conditions such as kidney or bladder stones or, for males, an enlarged prostate.
- People with diabetes.
- The elderly.
- People who have an altered immune system.
- People with a childhood history of cystitis.
- People with an abnormally structured bladder.
- People who have a urinary catheter in place or after its removal.
Take one CRANCLENSE effervescent tablet dissolved in a glass of cool water to help prevent cystitis.
CRANCLENSE may be taken up to four times daily if necessary to relieve the symptoms of cystitis.
Each CRANCLENSE effervescent tablet contains:
Herbal extract equivalent to 10 grams of cranberry (vaccinium macrocarpon) fresh fruit.
Other ingredients: sodium bicarbonate 1.5 g, citric acid anhydrous 750 mg and tartaric acid 800 mg. These are alkalising ingredients which raise the pH (or reduce the acidity) of urine.
ADVICE FOR CONSUMERS
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about CRANCLENSE, cystitis or incontinence.
If symptoms, pain or irritation persist for more than 48 hours, consult your doctor. The presence of blood in the urine warrants immediate action.
CRACLENSE contains 412.4 mg (17.94 mmol) of sodium per dose, which should be taken into account by those on a low sodium diet. The maximum recommended dose of four tablets daily contains 1.65 g of sodium.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Incorrect use could be harmful. Consult your healthcare professional if symptoms persist.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.