Clinicians Renal Vit is a research-based formula unique to the New Zealand market specifically for people who have kidney disease. Clinicians Renal Vit provides essential vitamins and minerals in safe and appropriate doses for individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and omits or limits nutrients that could be potentially toxic in CKD based on clinical research. Clinicians Renal Vit is suitable for all stages of kidney disease.
Recommended Adult Dose: Take 1 capsule daily or as directed.
Each Gelatin Capsule Contains:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B7 ( biotin) - 30 mcg
- Copper (copper gluconate)) - 120 mcg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 2.0 mg
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid) - 400mcg
- Iron (ferrous fumarate) - 8 mg
- Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide) - 20 mg
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) - 2.4 mcg
- Selenium (L-selenomethionine) - 55 mcg
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) - 5.0 mg
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - 60mg
- Zinc (zinc amino acid chelate) - 6.4 mg
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) - 8.2 mg
- Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) - 25 mcg (1000 IU)
No Added: Gluten (wheat), dairy, yeast, sugar, sweeteners, flavours, artificial colour or preservatives.
Also Contains: Maltodextrin, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
Warnings and Precautions
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Considered safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Side Effects: None known, considered safe and well tolerated at the dose recommended.
Precautions and Contraindications:
- Do not use in know sensitivity to vitamin D.
- Use with caution in individuals with high calcium levels, primary hyperparathyroidism or disorders of calcium metabolism such as sarcoidosis, hypercalciuria, tuberculosis and lymphomas.
- Additional vitamin D may raise calcium levels and increase the risk of renal stones and renal failure.
- Exercise caution in people with erythrocyte glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, haemochromatosis, thalassaemia major or sideroblastic anaemia due to the vitamin C content.