Good quality omega-6 (GLA) in a single high level formulation. The easy-to-swallow, vegetarian-friendly gel caps also contain vitamin E to support the body with antioxidant protection.
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is a plant oil rich in the essential fatty acid called gamma linolenic acid (GLA), also known as omega-6. This converts to a hormone-like substance called prostaglandin E1, which supports the body in regulating inflammatory processes. EPO can offer the body support in areas such as joint discomfort or skin health challenges. GLA also supports normal hormone production and hormone balance.
- Supports normal hormone regulation during the menstrual cycle
- Supports healthy skin
- Assists with joint mobility and comfort
- Supports healthy brain function for mental focus and mood balance
- Vegetarian/Vegan source of omega-6
Adults: 1 to 2 capsules, 2 to 3 times daily.
As a maintenance, take 1 capsule once or twice daily.
Each gelatin capsule contains:
|Evening Primrose Oil||1000||mg|
|Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)||100||mg|
|Other fatty acids (including linoleic acid and oleic acid)||900||mg|
Also contains: d-alpha tocopherol, soybean oil
No Added: Gluten, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Precautions and Contraindications
- Epilepsy – A study has shown that supplemental GLA may increase the tendency of epileptic patients to have seizures. Affected individuals may want to consider using Omega-3 (fish oil) as a source of essential fatty acids.
- Individuals on blood thinning medications should consult a health professional before taking evening primrose oil especially in high levels as it may affect blood clotting times.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Have got them for my daughter and it is a great product. Thanks