Famciclovir is an antiviral medicine used to treat recurrent outbreaks of cold sores in adults 18 years of age and over who have a normal immune system (the body system which fights against harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi).
Please refer to Medsafe Data Sheet
Each tablet contains 500 mg of famciclovir as the active ingredient.
It also contains the following inactive ingredients:
- stearic acid
- titanium dioxide
- macrogol 8000.
This medicine is gluten-free, lactosefree, sucrose-free, tartrazine-free and
free of other azo dyes.
- Do not take this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to famciclovir, penciclovir (a related antiviral medicine) or any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet.
- Do not take this medicine if you have a problem with your body's immune system, which helps to fight off infections. Your pharmacist will refer you to your doctor in that case.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack.
- Do not take this medicine if the packaging is torn, shows signs of tampering or if it does not look quite right.
- If you are not sure whether you should start taking this medicine, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.