Retail Price: NZ$18.20
The Interdental brush, has the following characteristics:
- Ergonomic handle offers comfortable grip and good cleaning control.
- Plastic coated wire to make sure the stem does not scratch tooth surfaces or implant posts.
- Brush and handle in one piece.
- Eight color-coded sizes make identification easy.
Interdental brushes comes with a plastic cap. The cap can be used to protect the brush (if carried in your pocket or bag) and also to extend the handle. There is no cap with the grey brush (1.3 mm) as the bristles are too long.
Choose a brush size that will fit your interdental spaces. Very often you must have more than one size. If you are not sure, let your dentist or dental hygienist choose the right size(s) for you.
Don’t use toothpaste with the brush unless advised to do so by a dental professional. Too much toothpaste makes filament less effective. Use the interdental brush once a day. Change brush when it is getting worn.
DirectionsEffective cleaning with your interdental brush:
1. Slide the brush at right angles very gently between your teeth. If it does not glide easily, work it in gently or choose a smaller size.
2. Move the brush full length back and forth until the interdental area is clean. If the brush is angled, first at one side and then at the other, it will clean larger surfaces.
3. Cleaning between your back teeth will be easier if you curve the wire so that it can be moved in at right angles. Once curved, do not straighten or curve at another angle to avoid damage to the brush.