Robitussin Cough & Chest Congestion combines the action of the expectorant guaiphenesin and the cough suppressant dextromethorphan. Guaiphenesin is an expectorant that loosens and reduces the thickness of phlegm, making it easier to cough up. Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant that acts on the cough centre in the brain to suppress a dry cough.
- Expectorant, cough suppressant.
- For the temporary relief of cough and chest congestion due to cold and flu.
Please follow the instructions or refer to the Consumer Medicine Information.
Each 10 mL of Robitussin Cough & Chest Congestion oral solution contains as active ingredients:
- Guaiphenesin 200mg
- Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 30mg
It also contains the following inactive ingredients:
Glycerol, Sodium Benzoate, Saccharin Sodium, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol Solution (70%) (crystallizing), Allura Red AC, Ethanol, Menthol, Cherry Vanilla 21146 Flavour, Vanilla Bean Flavour 52.089A, 961376 Natural Lemon Flavour No 462924, Cherry Flavour Wild Artificial 119062, 13540488 Artificial Sweet Flavour, Water – Purified
This medicine does not contain lactose, sucrose, gluten or any animal products
Do not give this medicine to:
- children under 6 years of age
Do not take Robitussin Cough & Chest Congestion if you have an allergy to:
- any medicine containing guaiphenesin or dextromethorphan
- any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet
Some of the symptoms of an allergic reaction may include:
- shortness of breath
- wheezing or difficulty breathing
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body
- rash, itching or hives on the skin
Do not take this medicine if:
- you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or for 14 days after stopping the MAOI drug.
- are having an acute asthma attack
Do not take this medicine/it after the expiry date printed on the pack or if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
If it has expired or is damaged, return it to your pharmacist for disposal.
If you are not sure whether you should start taking this medicine, talk to your pharmacist or doctor
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.