Formulated with a lower concentration of active ingredient to relieve little blocked noses. Perfect for children who favour a drop format.
Otrivin Junior Nasal Drops contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing swollen blood vessels.
How to use
For children aged 6-11 years only on the advice of a doctor or pharmacist: 2 to 3 drops per nostril, 2-3 times daily, as needed. Do not use more often than every 8 hours. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Clear nose of mucus by wiping, or have child blow nose gently. Lie child down with head lower than shoulders.
- Insert dropper a little way into the nostril and squeeze bulb gently to release required number of drops.
- Repeat in other nostril.
- Replace cap.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.5 mg/mL), benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dedecahydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol, methlyhydroxypropylcellulose and purified water.
Do not use
- In children under 6 years of age
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma
- If you have inflammatory nasal dryness
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you have any other medical conditions
- If you are taking other medicines
Warnings & cautions
- If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
- Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
- Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
- Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
- Excessive use may damage lining of nose
- If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.