- Practitioner Range
Helps Maintain Normal Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels in Healthy People.
In healthy people, policosanol has been shown to or may:
- Improve the LDL:HDL ratio.1
- Assist the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels.1
- Easy once a day prescribing for improved compliance.
- A literature review of policosanol and cholesterol studies, have shown 10 mg of policosanol to effectively assist the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels and improve the LDL:HDL ratio in healthy individuals. These studies have reported significant differences in total cholesterol by 17% and in low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol by 21%. There were also significant differences in high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol by 8% (Figure One).1
- Naturally derived, policosanol: Cholesstanol contains policosanols that are naturally derived sugar cane wax alcohols. Policosanol has been shown to assist the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels and improve the LDL:HDL ratio in healthy volunteers in several clinical trials.1,2,3 The mechanism of action for the reduction in cholesterol synthesis is via interference with the catalytic activity of HMG CoA reductase.4 A study has also demonstrated policosanol to decrease the susceptibility of LDL-C to lipid peroxidation in vitro.2
Figure One: Policosanol and LDL:HDL Ratio.
Gouni-Berthold I & Berthold HK. Policosanol: Clinical pharmacology and therapeutic significance of a new lipid-lowering agent. American Heart Journal 2002; 143(2); 356-365.
Free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Adults: Take 1 tablet daily.
Each tablet contains:
Sugar cane wax alcohol
To be able to see the prices and purchase from the Practitioner Ranges products you must be an approved Practitioners Club Member (PCM). To become a PCM there are 2 steps.
Step 1 - if you do not already have an account with Netpharmacy please click here to sign up, then;
Step 2 - requires you to complete the consultation form below and one of our pharmacists will review it and approve your PCM access and will link your access to your Netpharmacy account. We will notify you as soon as this is completed.
After approval when visiting the site you will need to login and then you will have access to see the prices of the Practitioner Ranges and have the ability to purchase them.
Practitioner Club Application Form