- Practitioner Range
Metagenics Adaptan 60 tablets (15 days)
For Nervous Exhaustion.
Herbs in Adaptan have been clinically shown to or traditionally used for:
- Patients feeling wired (anxious) and tired.1,2
- Nourish the adrenals during times of stress.3
- Exert anxiolytic effects via GABA and HPA modulation.4
- Traditionally, rehmannia has been used for nervous tension due to ongoing stress and anxiety. Mechanisms for this may include supporting adrenal cortex activity, promoting HPA function and the release of steroid hormones.5 Adaptan is a non-stimulating formula with traditional herbs that have been used for low stress tolerance to help support the HPA axis and resistance to stressors.6,7,8 It combines herbs used for both restlessness and exhaustion.9,10
- The anxiolytic effects of Panax quinquefolius may be caused by an interaction with GABAA receptors as suggested by animal studies.11 In vitro studies show that ginsenosides may also modulate nerve transmission by decreasing the availability of neurotransmitters. It has been demonstrated that ginseng extracts inhibit the uptake of GABAA, glutamate, dopamine, noradrenalin, and serotonin in the brain.12
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details and references, contact Technical Support.
Adults: Take 2 tablets twice daily with food.
Each tablet contains:
Extracts equivalent to:
Rehmannia glutinosa, root dry (Rehmannia) 2.5 g
Panax quinquefolius, root dry (American ginseng) 1.5 g
Avena sativa, herb dry (Wild oats) 1.0 g
Lavandula angustifolia, herb dry (Lavender) 1.0 g
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gluten from Avena sativa (oats).
Store below 30 C
To be able to see the prices and purchase from the Practitioner Ranges products you must be an approved Practitioners Club Member (PCM). To become a PCM there are 2 steps.
Step 1 - if you do not already have an account with Netpharmacy please click here to sign up, then;
Step 2 - requires you to complete the consultation form below and one of our pharmacists will review it and approve your PCM access and will link your access to your Netpharmacy account. We will notify you as soon as this is completed.
After approval when visiting the site you will need to login and then you will have access to see the prices of the Practitioner Ranges and have the ability to purchase them.
Practitioner Club Application Form