Hiprex is an antibacterial that suppresses and eliminates the bacteria that can cause Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs).
When you take a Hiprex tablet, the body breaks down the active ingredient (hexamine hippurate 1g/tablet). This agent goes to work when it reaches an acidic environment, like the bladder, killing the common bacteria that cause UTIs.
- Hiprex has been used to offer effective protection against recurrent UTIs for 50 years.
- Hiprex is a fully funded urinary tract health antibacterial.
- Hiprex is a registered general medicine
- Supporting evidence for cranberry products has shown it to be ineffective in preventing UTIs.
How to take Hiprex
Hiprex can be used continuously for protection from recurrent UTIs.
Adults take 1 tablet twice daily.
Children over 6 years take half to 1 tablet twice daily.
You can take Hiprex with or without food, but should avoid using the following medications as they may make Hiprex less effective.
If you are taking any prescription medicines please consult your Healthcare Professional before taking Hiprex. Talk to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure.
Please consult your Healthcare Professional to see if Hiprex is suitable for you.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.