What is Beef Gelatin Unflavoured?
Gelatin is the purified protein derived by the selective hydrolysis of collagen from the skin, the connective tissue and/or bones of animals. Great Lakes Gelatin provides the highest type of pure unflavoured edible gelatins.
Gelatin is a hot water soluble protein extracted from collagen. Individual collagen monomeric proteins have molecular weights of between 95,000 and 125,000 Daltons. These proteins assemble into fibres which are massive aggregates and do not have defined molecular weights. To make gelatin, collagen rich materials (such as bovine hide) are cleaned and treated with dilute alkaline, or acid and heat to denature (untangle) the collagen into hot water-soluble proteins. The extract is purified and dried to form the gelatin powder. Essentially, gelatin is thermally denatured (melted) form of collagen that makes the proteins soluble in hot water.
Each stage of the manufacturing process is rigorously controlled in modern laboratories to ensure purity and quality. The process of converting collagen into gelatin involves several cleansing and purification steps. The end result is an off white dry powder of the utmost purity.
This special grade of gelatin meets the specifications set forth by the U.S. Pharmacopeia, regulated by National Formulary. All grades of gelatin are prepared under the most rigid sanitary conditions.
Same benefits as Collagen Hydrolysate, supporting and building connective tissue
Gelatin is great for use in regular and dietetic recipes
- No MSG
1. In a small saucepan add 3/4 cup of your favourite organic juice. The tarter the juice the better, I also add homemade honey and lemon.
2. Add 3 Tbsp gelatin or collagen.
3. Add a pinch sea salt.
4. Whisk to.combine and then leave for 5.mins to allow the gelatin or collagen to bloom.
5. Turn the stove on low to medium heat.
6. Once the gelatin dissolves turn off the heat and whisk again to combine.
7. Pour carefully into the silicon moulds or a little dish and you can cut up later into squares if you don't have a mold.
8. Refrigerate until set for about 3 hours then prepare and store in fridge.
So healthy and delicious!
Recommended Use: 1 tablespoon (12gm)
Room temperature liquids: Pour one tablespoon into a glass of your favourite juice or drink. Allow to soak for one minute while stirring, then drink.
Hot liquids: Add one tablespoon to cold liquid for one minute, add hot liquid and stir until dissolved.
Cold or hot cereals: Add one tablespoon to bowl of hot or cold cereal and mix completely.
One tablespoon gels one pint of liquid.
Note: Gelatin will clump in cold water.