Flamazine cream contains the active ingredient silver sulfadiazine, which is an antibacterial that is active against a wide range of bacteria. It is commonly used to treat and prevent infections at the site of burns. Silver sulfadiazine has also been used in other skin conditions, such as leg ulcers or pressure sores, where infection may prevent healing and for the prevention of infection in skin grafting.
- Prevention and treatment of infections in burn wounds.
- Short-term treatment of infected leg uclers and pressure sores.
- To prevent infection in areas of skin graft, extensive abrasions or finger tip injures such as loss of nail.
IngredientsActive Ingredient is silver sulfadiazine
Use with caution if you have an allergy to any sulphonamide medicine, decreased kidney function, decreased liver function, or a deficiency in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD deficiency).
Not to be used on babies less than one month old (neonates), premature infants, heavily weeping leg ulceror pressure sore, or during the third trimester of pregnancy. This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy. If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
This medicine should not be used in pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential. It should not be used in the weeks prior to child birth. Seek medical advice from your doctor. This medicine should be used with caution by breastfeeding mothers, and only if the expected benefit to the mother is greater than any possible risk to the baby.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.