DeWorm Extra Strength is a broad spectrum anti-worm medication, used for the treatment of threadworm, hookworm, whipworm, and roundworm infestations.
DeWorm Extra Strength works by inhibiting the uptake of glucose by the susceptible worms, leading to glycogen depletion and reduced generation of ATP required for survival. As a result, the parasites die or are immobilised slowly, and their clearance from the gastrointestinal tract may not be complete until the third day after treatment.
Children (2 - 12 years of age), and adults: Chew or swallow one tablet as a single dose. It may be broken up and consumed with food if preferred.
DeWorm Extra Strength contains lactose (dairy).
Active ingredient: Mebendazole 500 mg
Inactive ingredients: Sodium saccharin, Sodium starch glycolate, Lactose monohydrate, Chocolate flavour powder, Potato starch, Magnesium stearate, Milk flavour powder
Do not use DeWorm Extra Strength:
- In children under two years of age (consult your doctor)
- If you are pregnant (consult your doctor if breastfeeding)
- If you are sensitive to the active ingredient, mebendazole
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.