COMBANTRIN® treats threadworms, as well as the rare worms, roundworm and hookworm, in a single dose. If you suspect roundworm or hookworm infection, you should seek medical advice.
How does COMBANTRIN® Chocolate Squares work?
- Pyrantel Embonate is the active ingredient in COMBANTRIN®
- Pyrantel Embonate works as a ‘neuro-muscular blocking agent’, effectively paralysing the worms inside the body
- This allows them to be passed out of the body with a bowel movement
Read the dosage chart below to calculate required number of squares per person. One 100mg square for every 10kg of body weight (equivalent to 10mg pyrantel per 1kg).
Take a single dose, after food#.
Discard unused portion of opened sachets.
The appearance of this product may alter slightly with storage but this does not affect the quality or effectiveness of the product.
As threadworm is highly contagious, it is important to treat ALL the family, including mum and dad.
Active ingredient: Pyrantel Embonate equivalent to 100mg Pyrantel
Also contains: Milk chocolate, milk protein, lactose, sucrose, soy. May contain traces of nuts
Free of: Gluten and artificial colours
Keep out of reach of children
Do not use if:
- Foil sachet is torn or damaged
- You have acute liver disease
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- Are pregnant
- Wish to treat a child under 1 year of age
Side effects are unusual, however some people may experience nausea and very rarely, vomiting. This is usually short term and no treatment is required.
#All human worming products will treat only adult worms present in the intestine at the time of taking the medication. They will not treat the eggs or immature worms and will not protect you or your children from contracting threadworms if they are exposed to them again. So it's advisable to check roughly 2-4 weeks after the initial dose to ensure a second dose is not required if symptoms persist/reinfestation occurs.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Perfect. Can't find physical shop. Only found here. Delivery is fast. Thanks!
Great efficient service and speedy postage thanks.
Good, easy to take and the kids think it's chocolate.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.