Prospan® contains a patented form of ivy leaf extract that supports the receptors in the lungs helping the body with normal open airways and normal mucous viscosity. This supports the airways with normal breathing and moisture levels.
Prospan® is sold in 102 countries as well as being the market leader in 35 countries. Add to that 65,000 patient trials proving its effectiveness, and more than 35 publications on clinical and non-clinical data, and it is no surprise that Prospan® is considered the number one ivy leaf formula in the world. Does not contain alcohol, sugar or artificial colours and has a pleasant taste, which helps with compliance in children and adults.
- Soothes the throat and helps clear the airways
- Helps thin mucous and moistens dry irritated membranes of the airways
- Suitable for everyone – even under 2’s
- May be taken alongside any medication
Using the enclosed measuring cup:
Adults and children over 12 years: 5 ml 3 times daily.
Children 6-12 years: 5 ml twice daily.
Children 2-6 years: 2.5 ml twice daily (Menthol 100ml not suitable for children under 6).
Children under 2 years of age: 2.5 ml twice daily* (Menthol 100ml not suitable for children under 6).
*Young children can develop serious illness quite quickly and should be assessed by a doctor before taking Prospan®.
Each 5ml dose contains:
|Hedera helix (ivy leaf) dry extract (5-7.5:1)||35||mg|
Prospan® Bronchial Syrup 100ml & 200ml also contains: Citric acid, natural cherry flavour, potassium sorbate, sorbitol 1.93 g/5 ml (sugar substitute), xanthan gum, purified water.
Prospan® Bronchial Syrup Menthol Flavour also contains: Menthol, citric acid, natural flavours, potassium sorbate, sorbitol 1.93 g/5 ml (sugar substitute), xanthan gum, purified water.
No Added: Gluten or wheat, dairy, yeast, sugar, artificial colours and flavours.
TIP: Shake well before use.
Precautions and Contraindications
Avoid Clinicians Prospan® Bronchial Syrup if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients or are fructose intolerant (due to the sorbitol content).
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
I found it really good to soothe my toddler's coughing, it also helps bring out the mucus so it doesn't build up in their chest.
Love this cough mixture, as my toddler can use it, and so can we