CareSens N Test Strip
Designed to work with the CareSens N and CareSens N POP meters. These strips don’t require coding, which can speed up the testing process.
These strips do not require coding. For use with CareSens N and CareSens N POP meters.
How to use
These strips don’t need manual coding and are designed to work with the CareSens N and the CareSens N POP meters.
A. PREPARING THE LANCING DEVICE
- Unscrew and remove the adjustable tip.
- Insert a new disposable lancet firmly into the carrier.
- Twist off and set aside the protective cover of the disposable lancet and replace the adjustable tip.
- Set the depth of penetration that you want to use; in thicker skin areas use a higher number; in thin sensitive skin areas use a lower number. Rotate the top portion of the adjustable tip until the setting number matches the arrow.
- Cock the lancing device by pulling on the sleeve until the device clicks.
B. PREPARING THE METER AND TEST STRIP
- Wash your hands and the site from which the blood will be drawn.
- Gently insert the square end of the test strip into the meter port with its contact bars facing upwards. The (strip with blood drop) symbol should appear on the screen.
- Get a blood sample using your lancing device (see instructions above).
- Touch the pointed tip of the strip into the blood droplet on your finger, making sure the blood fills up the small window on the black side of the strip. Note: You only need about 0.5μl of blood (about the size of a pinhead).
- Once the blood sample has filled the confirmation window, the meter will beep. If the window hasn’t filled, an Er4 message will appear.
- The test result will appear after the meter counts down from 5 to 1. The result will automatically be stored in the meter’s memory.
Note: the test strip must be inserted into your meter before applying blood to the pointed end. The meter does not require any manual coding. CareSens N blood glucose test strips are for use only in CareSens N and CareSens N POP meters. You have about 2 minutes to complete the test.