Canesten 6 Day Vaginal Cream 35g is a 6-day antifungal regimen used for treating vaginal thrush caused by yeast and fungal infection. The cream helps alleviate symptoms of vaginal thrush such as itchiness, soreness and inflammation.
Vaginal thrush is an infection caused by the Candida species, specifically Candida albicans. Upon infection of the fungi, inflammation and vaginal discharge occurs.
Canesten 6 Day Vaginal Cream 35g harnesses the antifungal effect of clotrimazole, its active ingredient. Clotrimazole causes egosterol production to stop, causing holes to appear in the cell membranes of Candida species. Through the holes, other substances are able to freely enter the cell while its main components leak out. This undesirable outcome causes the fungi to die. Therefore, the infection is treated.
How it works?
Canesten 6 Day Vaginal Cream 35g can be applied on the external area of the vagina to soothe soreness, itching and inflammation of the vaginal area. For the most effective results, be sure to follow the prescribed 6-day regimen.
Full instructions are enclosed within.
Clotrimazole 1%w/w with 6 disposable applicators
Please discuss with your doctor or pharmacist if:
- This is your first infection or you are under 18yrs
- If you have had 3 or more infections in the last 3 months
- If you are pregnant (or think you may be)
- If you are diabetic
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
It worked and cleared everything up
It worked well!
Easy to use, excellent product