Blackmores Bio C 1000mg Features and benefits:
- High potency vitamin C supplement, buffered with mineral ascorbates to make it gentle on the stomach
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids to support the action of vitamin C in the body
- Contains rosehips and acerola - natural sources of vitamin C
- Supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection
- Supports wound healing and helps maintain healthy, supple, elastic skin
- Potent antioxidant - supports the body’s defences against free radicals
- Helps maintain capillary health
How Blackmores Bio C 1000mg works:
Blackmores Bio C® 1000mg contains a high dose of vitamin C, buffered with mineral ascorbates to make it gentle on the stomach. The vitamin C is accompanied by citrus bioflavonoids, which support the action of vitamin C in the body.
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C, so we must obtain it from our diets. If dietary intake is inadequate or an individual’s need is particularly high (for example during times of stress or illness), taking a vitamin C supplement can help maintain optimal intake.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that is involved in hundreds of the body’s biological processes.
It supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection due to its involvement in the normal healthy functioning of the white blood cells and antibodies.
Vitamin C is also required for the manufacture of collagen (a structural component of the skin, cartilage and tendons), so it plays an important role in the body’s wound healing processes, and in maintaining the elasticity and suppleness of the skin.
For ongoing nutritional support:
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. For additional immune system support, the dose may be increased to 3 tablets a day as required.
Children 4-12 years – We recommend Blackmores Bio C® Chewable 500mg. Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Active Ingredient Per Tablet:
Ascorbic acid 400 mg
Sodium ascorbate 350 mg
Calcium ascorbate (equiv. to vitamin C 1000mg) 400 mg
Total vitamin C 1000 mg
Citrus bioflavonoids extract 25 mg
Rutin 50 mg
Hesperidin 50 mg
Rosa canina (Rosehips) extract equiv. to dry fruit 250 mg
Malpighia punicifolia (Acerola) extract equiv. to dry fruit 50 mg
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. - Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi. - Always read the lab