Eucalyptus oil is best known for its soothing and decongestant action and is a good addition to soothing chest balms and inhalations. It is also useful for home cleaning and even pet care.
Uses & Tips
- Inhalation – Supports clear airways.
- Insect repellent – Pour a cup of water into a spray bottle and add two teaspoons of Eucalyptus Oil. Spray on clean household surfaces to deter insects.
- Bath Oil – Add 6 drops under running tap.
- Remove labels from bottles – Or remove sticky substances from surfaces (e.g chewing gum, tape marks etc).
- Remove wax from carpets and fabrics – Scrape off excess wax and sponge with Home Essentials Eucalyptus Oil.
- Remove oil stains – Dab on stain, leave one hour and then dab out with soap and water. may also remove cosmetics stains.
Important note on stain removal
Before you begin, remove as much of the solids as possible, and blot up as much liquid as possible. Dab the stain, don’t rub. Begin at the outer edge of the stain, working your way towards the centre. If possible apply treatment from the back of the fabric. Be cautious with application, by applying too much solvent or rubbing too vigorously you risk spoiling the fabric. Never strengthen solutions if they don’t work. Always rinse fabric and let dry before trying another remedy. If you decide to take fabric to a professional cleaner, tell them what caused the stain and what home treatments you have already tried.
Whilst we have taken all reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of this information, we cannot guarantee the suitability of any product for any particular purpose. We accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from direct or indirect reliance upon information contained within this Home Essentials handy hints guide. The information contained herein is intended for educational purposes only, it is not intended to replace qualified medical healthcare.
General Safety Information
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Nutritional supplements may only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Supplements should not be used to replace a healthy balanced diet and adequate physical exercise.
- Keep all medications and supplements out of reach of children.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.