Zomig Nasal Spray 5mg 2pack
Style number: 2372673
Zomig belongs to a class of medicines called triptans, which have been developed specifically for the treatment of migraines. However, Zomig is the first triptan available in New Zealand as a nasal spray.
Because it's a nasal spray, Zomig enters the bloodstream really quickly. It's absorbed through the nasal mucosa into the bloodstream within 5 minutes.
That's why Zomig provides migraine pain relief so rapidly - starting from just 15 minutes. In fact, some patients may experience symptom-free pain relief from just 30 minutes. Migraine symptoms commonly include pain, nausea and sensitivity to light and sound.
Being a nasal spray has other advantages too. It means it's easy to take when you're feeling nauseous or vomiting, as there's nothing to swallow.
As you can see from the instructions below, you simply insert the nasal spray into one nostril while blocking the other. After tilting your head back slightly, squeeze the device together between your thumb and fingers. As you do this, breathe in gently.
Common side effects:
- Strange taste
- Dry mouth
- Dizziness or feeling of weakness
- Drowsiness or fatigue (tiredness)
- Feelings of tingling, warmth, cold, heaviness, pressure or pain in different parts of body
- Increased feeling or sensitivity, especially in the skin
- Aching muscles not caused by exercise
- Blood nose or discomfort inside the nose
- Nausea (feeling sick) or vomiting
- Stomach pain
For more information about Zomig and side effects, please talk to your pharmacist.