Waihi Bush Flaxseed Oil Original 1000mg 250 Veg Caps
Style number: FC125VC
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
Made from 100% pure cold pressed flax seed oil, flax original is our most widely used product for topping up Omega-3 levels. It tastes great too.
Flax seed oil is approximately 60% Omega-3 alpha linolenic acid (ALA), and also contains the Omega-6 linoleic acid (LA) and the monounsaturated Omega-9 oleic acid.
Research has shown that the majority of western diets are deficient in the Omega-3 essential fatty acids. While our bodies evolved on a diet with a 1:1 ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6, some researchers have estimated that many people consume more than 20 times as much Omega-6 as Omega-3. Long-term imbalance in fatty acid intake results in symptoms of sub-optimal health.
flax original can top up your Omega-3 levels if you are experiencing symptoms of Omega-3 deficiency such as:
- Dry skin and hair conditions, soft or brittle nails. The most common symptom is some form of skin problem
- Inflammatory conditions - acne, eczema, psoriasis and arthritis
- Lowered immunity, slow healing and allergic conditions like asthma
- Vision problems and dry eyes
- Learning disorders and behavioural changes like ADD/ADHD
- Mental deterioration, depression and mood swings
- Weakness, low energy and fatigue
- Tingling sensations in arms and legs
- Excessive thirst or frequent urination
Furthermore, Omega-3 fatty acids have been associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Studies have found that the Omega-3 in flax seed oil, alpha linolenic acid showed positive results in these areas:
- Protection against arrhythmia, a common cause of sudden cardiac death Reduction of LDL cholesterol, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
- Reduction of inflammation, a risk factor for atherosclerosis
- Protection against heart attack and stroke
- Possible beneficial effect on high blood pressure
The anti-inflammatory properties of flax seed oil hold promise for cancer prevention and tumour reduction.
Athletes looking for enhanced performance, endurance and shortened recovery time can find that flax seed oil helps in these areas due to improved oxygen transfer across cell membranes and increased breakdown of lactic acid. For your convenience, flax original is available in both liquid oil and capsule form.
Use as directed
Quantity per 1000mg capsule
Energy 36.6kJ (8.8 kcal)
Fat, total 1g
Saturated Fat 0.08g
Trans fatty acid 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.78g
Alpha linolenic acid 0.61g
Linoleic acid 0.17g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.14g
Oleic acid 0.14g
Carbohydrate, total 0g
Vitamin E (total tocopherols) 0.09mg
Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol equivalents) 0.03mg