Waihi Bush Flax Fibre - LSA 500g
Style number: FFLSA500
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
What is it?
flax fibre - LSA is a blend of certified organic finely ground flax seed meal, sunflower seed and almonds that are:
• A well balanced source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) and Monounsaturated fatty acid (Omega-9).
• A well balanced source of dietary fibre which helps remove toxins from the body. A high fibre diet assists with healthy regulation of blood cholesterol, blood sugar and oestrogen levels.
• Contains 34% high quality well balanced protein which is necessary for healthy muscles, blood and organs
• Is Gluten free - so safe for those with Coeliac Disease.
• A good source of Lignans which have a powerful immune boosting effect and act as plant oestrogens to balance hormonal fluctuations.
• A good source of the B Vitamins - Folate, Thiamine, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin B-6. and also Vitamin E.
• A good source of Minerals, particularly Magnesium, Phosphorus, Manganese, Zinc and Selenium.
• Rich in Antioxidants.
• Very low carbohydrate – good for diabetics and athletes.
Why use it?
flax fibre – LSA may help with the following:
• Liver Cleanse – Using flax fibre – LSA on a daily basis is an important component of the Liver Cleansing Diet – A best selling book by Dr Sandra Cabot
• Normalise fat metabolism - It is rich in both Essential Fatty Acids; Omega-3 and Omega-6, which are necessary for normal body function. It also rich in Omega-9 and the vitamin and mineral co-factors needed.
• Cardiovascular Health – As a good source of dietary fibre, flax fibre – LSA can help reduce blood LDL cholesterol and homocysteine - risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids have been shown in many studies to be associated with better heart health and for preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
• Bowel Health – Due to its mix of soluble and insoluble dietary fibre and its Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acid content. Both constipation and diarrhoea respond well to increased fibre intake. Some people find flax fibre – LSA helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Cognitive function - rich in the Essential Fatty Acids, vitamins and minerals which are important for maintaining cognitive function and regulation of stress hormones.
• Cell rejuvenation - a rich source of protein for cell rejuvenation.
• Regulate hormones - flax fibre – LSA has naturally occurring weak phyto-oestrogen. This makes it an ideal supplement for women during menopause and for those with menstruation problems and endometriosis.
Energy 2157 kJ
Fat, total 36.4g
Saturated Fat 3.5g
Trans fatty acid 0
Linoleic acid (Omega-6) 28.2g
Alpha linolenic acid (Omega-3) 7.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Carbohydrate, total 8g
Dietary fibre 37.8g