Thompsons Valerian 2000 One A Day 60 Capsules
Style number: 2246821
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
Thompsons One A Day Valerian 2000 is a mild herbal sedative and relaxant available in one a day therapeutic dosage. The formula features a unique herbal blend to alleviate anxiety, stress and nervous tension.
Valerian contains calming and relaxing properties which may aid in falling asleep and promoting restful sleep. It soothes both the mind and body by alleviating muscle spasms that lead to disrupted sleep. Valerian helps shorten the time needed to fall asleep, supports undisturbed sleep and enhances sleep quality.
Thompsons One A Day Valerian 2000 benefits:
- Helps to stimulate calmness and relaxation in the mind and body
- Assists to bring relief from nervous tension and unrest
- May provide support to the body during stress
- Helps to alleviate anxiety
- Facilitates relief from muscular spasms and muscular cramps
- Aids to promote restful sleep by alleviating insomnia and sleeplessness
- Helps with falling asleep
Thompsons One A Day Valerian 2000 is recommended for:
- Those who are at risk of or vulnerable to stress and anxiety
- Those who are at risk of or vulnerable to nervous tension or unrest
- Those who are at risk of or vulnerable to poor quality sleep, sleeplessness, insomnia and disturbed sleep
- Those who are at risk of or vulnerable to having muscle cramps, muscle spasms
Thompsons brand of Vitamins is one of the natural health leaders in New Zealand using only high quality ingredients.
Adults - One capsule daily with food or as professionally prescribed
|Concentrated herbal extract equivalent to dry|
|Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root||2g (2000mg)|
|Standardised to contain Valerenic acid||1.5mg|
For some, it works within an hour of the first dose, however research suggests that it works best after 1-2 weeks of regular use. From the available evidence, next-day drowsiness is uncommon and physical addiction highly unlikely. According to one case report, a dose of Valerian taken at approximately 20 times the recommended therapeutic dose appears to be benign (Willey et al 1995). There is no evidence of next-day sleepiness or significant adverse effects. Theoretically, valerian might have an additive sedative effect with alcohol and other central nervous system depressants such as benzodiazepines. Consult with a health care practitioner before using together. Not to be taken in pregnancy unless prescribed by a health practitioner.