Optifast VLCD Soup Vegetable 54g x 8 Sachets
Style number: 2262606
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
Optifast VLCD Vegetable Soup 54g x 8 Sachets
Reduce the weight, reduce the burden
- It is now recognised that obesity is a complex, serious and chronic problem. The association between being overweight or obese and suffering from ill health is well documented.
Diseases and conditions such as:
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart failure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Sleep Apnoea
- Reproductive problems
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
are all likely in overweight or obese individuals.
- A measure called the Body Mass Index (BMI) is commonly used by medical professionals to indicate if a person is obese or overweight. BMI is calculated by weight (kg) divided by height in metres squared.
- A BMI of between 20 and 24.9 indicates a healthy weight range. A BMI of between 25 and 29.9 indicates a person is in the overweight range, while 30 and above indicates obesity.
- Health may also be influenced by the location of the excess fat on the body. Excess abdominal fat is more likely to be associated with an increased risk of disease. Waist circumference is a useful measure of this.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) reports that a waist measurement greater than 94cm in men and 80cm in women indicates an increased health risk.
Helps break the viscous cycle
- You have been recommended Optifast VLCD because you and a medical professional have decided to take charge of your weight and your health.
- Optifast VLCD uses an established medical technique - a very low calorie diet (VLCD) - for rapid weight reduction. Reducing your calorie intake to below 800 Kcal (3344kj) per day means your body draws its energy from your own fats stores. Quite literally, you live off your own fat.
- Optifast VLCD contains carbohydrates, essential fatty acids and high quality protein which helps to preserve lean body mass (muscle) while you lose your fat stores. It has been designed to be the sole source of nourishment and therefore contains the recommended dietary intake (RDI) of vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Optifast VLCD is designed to totally replace your normal food intake
- Three sachets of Dessert or Milkshake each mixed with 200ml water, every day for 12 weeks provide the essential nutrients required by the body as you lose weight.
- A medical professional may also encourage you to have a maximum of two cups of low starch vegetables with your Optifast VLCD program each day.
Medical Supervision Important
- Many people who use a VLCD require a major weight loss of over 15kg and are willing to undergo the strict treatment and discipline of the program to achieve a rapid weight loss - for example, prior to surgery or where health or mobility is threatened.
- With medical supervision, significant weight loss of around 20kg may be experienced by those on a VLCD program over a 12 week period.
- Over half of the people who use a VLCD also have obesity-related health problems, such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes or respiratory problems.
- As rapid weight reduction can result in a lowering of blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels, people with these conditions need to be monitored carefully by a doctor.
- Your doctor may need to reduce or eliminate your medications. Do not stop or reduce your medications on your own.
- Because of health problems, medications and other risks typically associated with being obese, it is recommended that the use of Optifast VLCD is supervised by a health care professional such as a doctor, hospital specialist, pharmacist or dietician.
|NUTRITION INFORMATION Servings per package: 8 Serving size: 46g|
|Ave Quantity per Serving||Ave Quantity per 100g||Ave Quantity per Serving||Ave Quantity per 100g|
|- sugars||g||1.3||2.9||Vitamin K1||ug||33||71.7|
|- saturated||g||0.5||1.0||Vitamin B6||ug||0.8||1.7|
|Dietary Firre||g||3.0||6.5||Vitamin B12||ug||1.0||2.17|
|Iron||mg||6.7||14.6||Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), Maltdextrin, Flacours (Contains Egg Products), Maize Dextrin, Soy Oil, Thickener (1414), Yeast Extract, Potassium Citrate, Di Calcium Phosphate, Milk Protein, Magnesium Carbonate, Potassium Phosphate Dibasic, Glucose Syrup, Salt, Garlic Extract, Colour (100), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Ascorbic Acid, Pepper Extract, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Reinylacetate, Sinc Sulphate, Nicotinamide, Potassium Idodide, Sodium Moybdate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Antioxidants (304,307), Copper Fluconate, Salsium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulphate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Flouride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Cholecalciferol, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Phylloquinone, Riboflavin, Cyanocobalamin, Folic Acid, Biotin.|
Initial transient effects have been observed:
These are generally insufficient in magnitude or duration to warrant cessation of the program. In some rare cases, numbness and the appearance of previously unsuspected gallstones have been reported.
During this initial phase, Optifast replaces ALL meals and must be taken in combination with 2 cups of low-starch, green vegetables and 2 litres of water per day.
2. Transition Phase
In this phase, Optifast replaces just TWO meals a day. One low-calorie meal (approximately 500 Calories) is introduced, in combination with 2 cups of low-starch, vegetables and 2 litres of water per day. One serving of fruit can also be included (see list of Allowed Foods).
3. Maintenance Phase
Once this phase is reached, Optifast replaces just ONE meal a day - in combination with 2 low calorie meals, 2 cups of low-starch vegetables and 2 litres of water per day.
4. Stabilisation Phase
Once weight loss goals have been achieved, you should be at a stage where you no longer require Optifast and you are eating healthy, low calorie meals. However, it is vital to maintain weight loss by ensuring calorie intake is restricted to less than about 1500 calories per day. Your health professional may advise you to use Optifast intermittently if you go above your healthy goal weight.