M&R Essentials Cough & Cold Tonic 50ml
Style number: MR0002
M&R Essentials Cough & Cold Tonic 50ml
Homoeopathic Medicine for the temporary relief of symptoms associated with the common cold: sneezing, runny nose, coughing, sore throat and fever – rattling cough, dry cough and loss of voice. Also recommended for persistent coughs.
1. What is the “Essentials” Cough Tonic?There are 10 well known homoeopathic remedies known to support you when you are experiencing cold/flu symptoms as a result of a weakened immune system. The combination of remedies have been selected based on the findings in the Boericke Materia Medica.
2. Is the Cough Tonic safe for my family to use?Yes, the formula is natural with no known side effects and is non toxic. All members of the family can take the formula but for children under 12 it is best to half the dose.
3. What is meant by Homoeopathic Medicine?Homoeopathic Medicine is a natural medicine that is known to stimulate the individual’s vital force for healing to take place. A naturally based medicine derived from plant or vegetable extract. The unique Cough Tonic has the inclusion of homoeopathically prepared minerals – Tissue Salts added for extra support during a cold.
4. Can I still take my other natural or prescriptive products alongside the Cough drops?Yes, most definitely. This formula can be taken on its own or alongside a range of natural medicines known to support the immune system…Vitamin C, Olive Leaf Extract, Co-Enzyme Q10, Zinc
5. Who can take the formula?Anyone who feels that they are coming down with a cold or experiencing the symptoms of a flu – sore limbs, body aches, sore throat, temperature, fever, coughing, headache associated with coughing… The formula is best taken at the onset of symptoms for fastest results. If you have had the cold for over 1 week and you begin taking the formula you may find that it may take a little longer to regain your internal balance.
6. Can I take Cough Tonic alongside my antibiotics?The formula can be taken alongside prescriptive medication, however, it is best to finish your course of antibiotics and begin taking the formula as Homoeopathic medicine is gentle medicine and can be negated by the prescriptive medication – antibiotic.
7. How long do I need to stay on the Cough Tonic for?It is recommended that you stay on the Cough & Cold formula for a minimum of 14 - 21 days for good results. Remembering to take the formula every half hour initially, for the first 6 doses and then every 2 hours for 48 hours.
8. Will the Cough Tonic stop my cough?The formula is designed to assist in reducing the severity of your cold and cough aiming to stop the coughing that is causing much disruption in your coping methods at this time. If your cough does not get better after 48 hours it is best to visit your health professional.
9. If I begin to feel worse after I have taken the drops should I continue?If you begin to feel worse after taking the formula it is best to stop taking the tonic and visit your health professional. Chances are that your cold has become chronic and you may need the attention of a health professional to assist your individual case.
10. When is it best to start the cough tonic?As soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with a Cold – sore throat, coughing, aching limbs, headache, stiffness, nausea after episodes of coughing..
Helpful Hints to try:
- Rest for at least 72 hours
- Vitamin C – powdered preferably
- A steam inhalation with a few drops with eucalyptus or tea tree with hot water
- Adults 10 drops
- Children 5 drops diluted in water
- Infants 2 drops diluted in water 3-4 x per day
For sudden onset: take 5 drops every ½ hour before meals for 6 doses and then every 2 hours for 3 days. Take 10 drops 3 x per day for another 2 weeks.
Maintenance dose: 10 drops 3 – 4 x per day for a minimum of 4 wHave no known side effects
- Can be safely taken with other medications
- Are ideal for use during pregnancy
- Are suitable for both adults and children.
- Homeopathic remedies are the preferred choice for parents, pregnant women, babies, children, seniors, busy professionals, drivers, equipment operators, pilots, athletes, and others.
Eupatorium Perfoliatum 3C (Thoroughwort)–This herb ,supports influenza with aching muscles and bones. It may also assist with shortness of breath, an aggressive, burning, constant cough.
Bryonia 3C (Wild Hops)
This herb is wonderful for a loss of voice and dry cough in the night, it assists with pain and resilient mucous in the trachea.
Gelsemium 3C (Yellow Jasmine)
This herb supports the chest area when there is inflammation of the bronchioles, and a slowness of breath. It will also assist with spasms of the lung to help regulate breath.
Corallinum 12C (Red Coral)
This mineral compound is supportive of a profuse nasal catarrh with a short barking cough that is continuous.
Arnica 6C (Leopard’s Bane)
This herb is soothing for a raw throat, tonsillitis, hoarse voice and a spasmodic cough.
Dulcamara 6C (Bitter Sweet)
This herb will address a tickly cough in the larynx and a rattly cough that is noticeably worse in wet weather.
Hepar Sulph 4C (Calcium Sulphide)
This mineral compound is a for a dry horse cough , wheezing, excellent support for asthmatic cough.
This potassium based mineral compound helps when phlegm is difficult to expel and a cough that keeps you awake in the night.
Ferrum Phosphate 3C (Phosphate of Iron)
This tissue salt provides substantial support for a hard dry cough with a sore chest, with signs of inflammation.
Potassium Chloride 3C (Chloride of Potassium)
This tissue salt is for loss of voice and a croup like cough.
- Do not interact with other medications or contraindicate pre-existing conditions
- Do not mask any underlying symptoms of serious illnesses
- If symptoms persist, visit your health care professional immediatel.