M&R Essentials Certified Organic Hempseed Oil
Style number: MR0011C
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
M& R Essentials Certified Hemp Seed oil is pressed from the seeds of the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa). This cold pressed, unrefined hemp oil has a light texture and subtle fragrance which makes it perfect for blending with other M&R essential oils.
Hemp has been used for more than 10,000 years and was probably one of the first plants to be cultivated by humans. Dating back to 8000BC, Hemp has a long history of being used to make ropes and sails for ships, paper, clothes, medicine and as a staple food for humans and animals alike in many nations across the world. Hemp is one of the most versatile products; it is a hardy plant which can be grown almost anywhere, requiring minimal care and very little pesticides or herbicides. Today there is a strong textile market for hemp and a growing food industry.
Constituents & Composition
Analysis reveals that Hempseed oil contains about 80% as Essential fatty acids (EFAs). The oil is of high nutritional value because its 3:1 ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 essential fatty acids, which matches the balance required by the human body for optimal nutrition and absorption. Hemp seed oil contains 55% omega 6 (linoleic acid) , 22% omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and 15% omega 9. Hemp seed oil also contains smaller amounts 0-2 % of super omega-3(SDA) and 1-4 % of super omega-6(GLA) which is not found in many other plants.
The seeds are also high in fibre, amino acids, chlorophyll and antioxidants such as vitamin E and vitamin A, as well as many other minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, sulphur, manganese, iodine, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper and vitamins including B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, C and D.
Properties & Benefits:
M& R Essentials Certified Organic Hempseed oil is a cold pressed, unrefined oil which has a light texture and subtle fragrance. The EFA profile of hempseed oil accounts for its wide spread applications to health in particular its anti-inflammatory properties which have shown to benefit inflamed, irritated, dull and dehydrated skin.
• Improving skin conditions such as Eczema, dermatitis, Psoriasis and acne.
• EFAs are vital for mental development, maintenance and cognition. Hemp seed oil can increase energy, improve mood and mental abilities.
• Hemp seeds have been used to treat, children with ADHD and individuals with anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder.
• The Essential Fatty acids in hemp seed oil assist in maintain the integrity of the vascular system thereby reducing cell wall damage, calcification and eventual atherosclerosis ,
• The Essential Fatty acids in hemp seed oil improve the elasticity of arties and veins thereby maintain blood pressure and also maintaining a health cholesterol profile.
• Reducing pain and swelling from Arthritis, Osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis
• Can assist with premenstrual syndrome.
• Useful in treating degenerative diseases.
• Enhances immune functions.
• super omega-3(SDA) which is useful in metabolizing fat
• increase energy and optimize physical
Our M&R Essentials Guarantee
M&R Essentials Certified Organic Oils are guaranteed certified organic and free from artificial colours, preservatives, gluten and Genetic modification. This guarantees quality for you and your family without any harmful additives, pesticides or herbicides.
Please note: Australian and New Zealand Legislation recommends hemp seed oil for external use only. Although M& R Essentials produces the highest grade food quality hemp seed oil, it cannot be recommended for internal consumption.
Bottled in New Zealand using imported certified organic hemp oil.
New Zealand: 109 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland 1052 Phone: +64 9 373 4485