Therapik Insect Bite Reliever
Style number: 917507
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
Therapik Insect Bite Reliever
Therapik is based on a very simple, scientifically proven principle. Most insect venom is thermolabile (sensitive to heat). Therapik's patented technology delivers heat in the specific temperature range necessary to neutralize the venom from over 20,000 different species of insects and sea creatures.
Therapik is a small, portable, hand-held, battery-powered device. It measures approximately 3cm x 3cm x 10cm and weighs less than four ounces, including the battery. The heat is initiated by use of a simple, non-locking, finger or thumb activated on/off switch. Heat is produced as long as the switch is depressed; when pressure on the switch is released, the circuit is interrupted and heat is no longer produced.
Therapik is intended to be used to deliver heat to a localized area of the body in order to relieve the pain associated with stings from insects and sea creatures that deliver thermolabile venom. Such animals and insects include bees, wasps, hornets and jellyfish. In addition, the soothing heat also provides effective relief from the itching and irritation due to flea and mosquito bites and contact with stinging nettles.
However, note that Therapik is not indicated for the treatment of spider, scorpion or snake bites, since these creatures do not deliver thermolabile venom. Therapik is also not intended to replace prompt medical attention for those individuals with bee-sting or other similar allergies. In the case of known allergies to insect stings, the user is instructed to seek prompt medical attention. Consult a physician if pain from the sting or bite persists.
- Make sure the affected area is dry - remove excess moisture with a tissue.
- Remove any stinger that might be left in the skin.
- Immediately after a bite or sting, apply Therapik's cylindrical red applicator GENTLY (DO NOT PRESS) on the affected area.
- Activate the Therapik by keeping the large blue button depressed for as long as the heat is bearable on the skin. The average application time is approximately 30 seconds. If you feel the heat may be burning your skin, stop the treatment immediately.
- Note: If the application feels too hot you may be applying too much pressure or keeping it applited too long. The gentle placement of Therapik on the treatment area allows for a comfortable thermal therapy treatment.
- If symptoms persist, Therapik may be reapplied multiple times until the relief is obtained. Wait at least 60 seconds between each application to allow skin temperature to return to normal.
Improper use of Therapik may result in burning of the skin.
- Therapik is ineffective against the venom of spiders, scorpions and snakes, since these creatures do not deliver thermolabile venom.
- Therapik is intended for the relief of pain soonest after an insect sting or bite. In the case of allergies to these insects, consult a physician immediately.
- This product is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment. If pain is severe or persistent, consult a physician.
- Do not use on or in the eye area or on mucous membranes (i.e. inside the mouth)
- Individuals with impaired sensitivities, due to physical or medical conditions should use extreme caution when using Therapik. If in question, consult a physician.
- Not recommended for children under the age of three.
- Children under the age of 12 years should use Therapik only under the supervision of an adult.
* 9-volt battery required (battery not included)