You're currently on:
- General Sale
DRI Sleeper® Eclipse Bedwetting Alarm with remote Wireless Urosensor™
New Break-Through Technologies unique to the DRI Sleeper® Eclipse:
Special electronics for long term battery life of from 1 up to 2 years (not 7 days or 1 month as in some other alarms)
The Urosensor™ docks on the DRI Sleeper® alarm unit when not being used and engages a second level of the battery saving technology.
World Patent Pending Urosensor™ technology – it’s the only non-metal urine sensor ever. So there’s no corrosion by urine, no skin irritation, and easy to clean for instant reuse.
The special electronics make the wireless Urosensor™ the thinnest of them all.
DRI Sleeper® Eclipse Bedwetting Alarm with remote Wireless Urosensor featuress:
- No wires between alarm and sensor.
- DRI Sleeper® alarm unit size: 80 x 40 x 20mm (3 x 1.5 x 0.75 inches)
- Designed like a small 'space rocket' for child appeal.
- High volume with a tamper-proof volume adjustment.
- Plenty of detecting area to detect the urine.
- The Urosensor™ can transmit to more than one DRI Sleeper® alarm unit, and so there can be another receiver in a parent's or carer's room.
How to use the Eclipse Bedwetting Alarm:
- Put the Urosensor™ in the underwear (If you prefer not to use the mini pad or pantyliner, then the Urosensor™ can be put in between two pairs of underpants, or you can cut some rectangles of any cotton material and sew a rectangle into the crutch of the underwear, making sure that it is just wide enough for the detector to slip inside and to be reasonably tight. The opening will face upwards).
- Place the DRI Sleeper® alarm unit on a table away from the bed so the child has to wake completely to turn it off.
- Switch on the DRI Sleeper® alarm and that's all.
When the Urosensor™ is wet with the first drops of urine, it sends a radio signal to the extra loud DRI Sleeper® alarm unit and triggers the alarm – treatment has begun.
How do the DRI Sleeper® Eclipse and DRI Sleeper® Excel treat bedwetting?
- The DRI Sleeper® Eclipse wireless alarm unit is placed on a table, or the DRI Sleeper® Excel alarm unit goes on the shoulder.
- The Urosensor™ is in the underwear and when wet with urine, triggers the alarm to wake the bedwetter.
- Over the next few days or weeks, the child begins to learn to wake more and more quickly, until he or she is beating the alarm and waking before wetting starts.
- The child then consistently wakes every time he or she needs to go to the bathroom.
- The final stage: the child will sleep through the night but without wetting the bed or needing to wake up to go to the bathroom.
- This is the mature pattern, your child is capable of waking if she or he needs to go to the bathroom and even more interesting, it now appears that the overproduction of urine has stopped.
DRI-Sleeper is effective in successfully treating bed-wetting in up to 90% of children over the age of 5 years.
When using DRI-Sleeper as urination begins, the alarm sounds, waking the child before the bed or pyjamas are wet. This teaches the child's unconscious mind to waken to the need to urinate and later learn the mature pattern of suppressing the need to urinate during the night. Successful treatment to consistent night dryness is achieved in most children in a few weeks.
DRI-Sleeper is suitable for children over the age of 5 years. Most children stop bed-wetting by 5 years. Beyond this age, help to become dry may be needed. Occasionally a medical disorder may be present, but mostly it is due to the involuntary failure of learning ; the child is not to blame.
Successful treatment with DRI-Sleeper take from a few weeks to a few months. Persistence is the key to success. If relapse occurs, another short course will usually succeed. Always encourage.