For people who are in love with the outdoors, nothing ruins a camping trip more than pesky mosquitoes biting on your exposed arms and legs! Outdoor sports enthusiasts would say the same thing. Even overseas travellers are not safe from these blood-sucking disease-carrying insects. If you can relate to being any of the above, then what you desperately need is an insect repellent that will get those insects off you. What you need is Bushman!
Bushman was founded by an industrial chemist named Tom Bethurem. Tom Bethurem lived in the Tropical North of Australia, in Cairns. The place Cairns is home to lush rainforests and mangroves and it has a tropical climate with high rainfall. This gives it the ideal conditions for breeding of mosquitoes. Tom Bethurem noticed the problem with mosquitoes and realized that what their market needed were insect repellents. For 35 years Tom Bethurem worked on developing the perfect formula for an insect repellent.
Today, Bushman has grown and became Australia's #2 selling insect repellent. Bushman guarantees that all of its insect repellent products are made from only premium materials and produced using techniques that conform to the highest manufacturing standards. As a matter of fact, Bushman was developed in a tropical climate and tested in swamps, to ensure that its effects can withstand even the harshest of conditions!
Bushman insect repellent products are made to be more effective and resistant to water, sweat, and friction caused by rubbing the surface of the skin. This makes them last longer than other repellent products on the market! It isn't noticeable on the skin, so you don't have to worry about stains. It is quick-drying and comfortable to wear. Bushman products also have a pleasant neutral odour!
Aside from this, Bushman products are made with unique technology called the time release technology. This technology allows your skin to breathe, while still keeping it protected! Bushman offers products with varying protection ranges. Depending on the product, the insect repellent effect can last anywhere from 7 to 15 hours!
What makes Bushman products so effective is an active ingredient called DEET. DEET is considered the best and the safest active repellent. DEET stands for diethyltoluamide, a slightly yellow oil-like liquid that protects from all kinds of biting insects, from mosquitoes to fleas and leeches. This active ingredient can be applied to either the skin or to clothing, which is why it is a common ingredient in various insect repellent products.
DEET works by blocking the olfactory receptors of insects. This makes the insects essentially blind, removing their instinct to bite or feed on humans or animals. DEET is a true repellent, because recent studies have proven that mosquitoes intensely dislike the smell of this chemical. Insect repellent sprays or lotions sometimes have DEET concentrations of up to 100%.
- Anti-itch Gel Tube – a fast-working gel made from a strong and effective formula that can soothe and reduce the pain or irritation caused by insect bites
- Insect Repellent Heavy Duty Get Tube – guarantees up to 15 hours of complete protection against insects using high concentrations of DEET
- Insect Repellent Heavy Duty Spray – guarantees up to 10 hours of complete protection using 40% concentration of DEET and comes in easy-to-use spray form
- Insect Repellent Plus Gel – an effective insect repellent that features sun protection as well, making it suitable for anyone, even those with sensitive skin
- Insect Repellent Plus Spray – guarantees up to 7 hours of complete protection using 20% concentration of DEET for an easy-to-use spray that features built-in sunscreen
Shop for a wide range of Bushman products on NetPharmacy NZ at discounted prices.
NZD$18.90 - NZD$31.90
gst NZD$2.47 - NZD$4.16