Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Gold 60 Capsules
Style number: 9425083
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Gold is a high quality multivitamin supplement designed for pregnant women. It delivers key vitamins and minerals, plus essential oils, to address the increasing nutritional requirements during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Gold Health Advantages:
- Iodine is an essential mineral working for healthy brain development, including vision and hearing, among babies.
- Folic acid is needed for the optimal development of the nervous system in babies.
- Tuna oil nourishes the body for the development of the baby's brain and vision. Tuna oil from Blackmores is mercury-tested.
- Vitamin D3 promotes the absorption of calcium for the formation of strong bones and teeth.
- Blackmores multivitamin delivers 10 vitamins and 6 minerals, consisting of omega-3 fatty acids, iron and calcium, with a total of 17 nutrients.
Its health action and function:
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Gold is rich with the nutrient folic acid required for the development of the nervous system in babies. Hence, pregnant women often have increased nutritional requirement for folic acid. Folic acid supplements must complement a healthy, balanced diet.
Iodine is needed for the maintenance of thyroid health and support its functions. Plus, iodine is needed for hormones that promote growth and development of the brain, as well as the sense of sight and hearing, among babies.
Also considered a hormone, vitamin D3, can be obtained from the diet or from the sunlight by being absorbed through the skin, hence its name as the sunshine vitamin. Vitamin D3 promotes enhanced intestinal absorption of both phosphate and calcium while reducing the amounts of calcium excreted in the urine, to make better the strength and density of bones. Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Gold works for optimal calcium absorption in both mothers and their babies for stronger bones and optimal health.
Research studies have proven that omega-3 fatty acids are indispensable for the optimal health of babies primarily due to its support of normal, healthy brain and nerve development, especially by DHA which is found in breast milk and tuna oil.
Adults – Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Ingredient Per capsule Daily dose (2 capsules)
Folic acid 250 μg 500 μg
Potassium iodide 98.3 μg 196.6 μg
(iodine 75 μg) (iodine 150 μg)
Concentrated omega-3 triglycerides fish 250 mg 500 mg
Containing omega-3 marine
triglycerides 150 mg as:
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg 250 mg
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg 50 mg
Iron (II) glycinate 19.22 mg 38.44 mg
(iron 5 mg) (iron 10 mg)
Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 360 IU) 9 μg 18 μg
Nicotinamide 9 mg 18 mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 30 mg 60 mg
Calcium carbonate (calcium 50 mg) 125 mg 250 mg
(calcium 50 mg) (calcium 100 mg)
Biotin 1 5 μg 30 μg
Zinc oxide 6.82 mg 13.64 mg
(zinc 5.5 mg) (zinc 11 mg)
Magnesium oxide heavy 58.1 mg 116.2 mg
(magnesium 35 mg) (magnesium 70 mg)
Selenomethionine 81.3 μg 162.6 μg
(selenium 32.5 μg) (selenium 65 μg)
Chromium picolinate 121 μg 242 μg
(chromium 15 μg) (chromium 30 μg)
Thiamine nitrate (vitamin B1) 700 μg 1400 μg
Ribofl avin (vitamin B2) 700 μg 1400 μg
Calcium pantothenate (pantothenic 2.73 mg 5.46 mg
acid) (vitamin B5 2.5 mg) (vitamin B5 5 mg)
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (pyridoxine) 1.16 mg 2.32 mg
(vitamin B6 950 μg) (vitamin B6 1900 μg)
Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 1.3 μg 2.6 μg
d-alpha tocopherol 3.5 mg 7 mg
(natural vitamin E 5.22 IU) (natural vitamin E 10.44 IU)
Betacarotene 2.4 mg 4.8 mg
(equivalent to 800 retinol
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artifi cial colours or sweeteners.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect you should seek specifi c medical advice
- Not recommended for children under 12 years
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 μg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded
- Drink plenty of water
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- Calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron may decrease absorption and effi cacy of tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics, bisphosphonates, thyroid hormone, methyldopa, carbidopa or levodopa or penicillamine. Doses should be separated by at least 2 hours
- Vitamin D3 may cause hypercalcaemia if taken with thiazide diuretics
- Iodine may interfere with treatment for thyroid conditions
- Folic acid may decrease the effectiveness of methotrexate in the treatment of leukaemia