Blackmores St Johns Wort 1800mg 40 Tablets
Style number: 9400393
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
Blackmores St. John’s Wort 1800mg 40 Tablets
Blackmores St. John’s Wort is recommended for mood swings. It contains St. Johns Wort, which is effective in treating low mood.
- Blackmores St. John’s Wort promotes positive mood.
- It benefits melancholic personalities.
- It is effective for those who lose interest in their routine activities.
- The health supplement addresses physical and emotional disturbances.
- It cures irritability.
- It is effective for mental fatigue.
Health Action And Function
Blackmores St. John’s Wort has been used effectively in treating mood swings. Hypericin in the herb is believed to boost serotonin levels, the brain chemical that influences moods.
The herb helps with emotional stabilization. It has antidepressant properties and helps to treat stress, anxiety and low energy levels.
- Adults - Take one tablet three times daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed
- Children (under 12 years) - Only as professionally prescribed
- Hypericum perforatum (St John's Wort) extract equivalent to dry flowering herb top 1.8g (1800mg) (standardised to contain hypericin derivatives 990 mcg)
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Seek the advice of your healthcare professional before use in pregnancy.
- May rarely cause photosensitive skin rash, mild gastrointestinal symptoms, tiredness or restlessness.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you are taking, or think you may be taking, cyclosporine, oral contraceptives (birth control pills), warfarin, protease inhibitors or reverse transcriptase inhibitors (antiviral drugs), amitriptyline, simvastatin or irinotecan. St John?s wort has been noted to increase the action of the hepatic P450 enzyme system, which may decrease the efficacy of these medications.
- Consult your health care professional before use if you are taking prescription antidepressants (tricyclics or SSRIs). St John?s wort may interfere with the action of these medications.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you are taking digoxin. St John?s wort may interfere with the action of this medication.