Propecia 1mg 28 Tablets (NZ Only)
Style number: 475106
This item hasn't been reviewed yet.
PROPECIA® (finasteride) is a medicine developed especially for men. The drug is designed to treat men suffering from androgenetic alopecia, or male pattern hair loss. This anti-hair loss medication increases growth of hair to prevent balding. In addition, it avoids further hair thinning (or decrease in volume or thickness of hair) and hair loss on the scalp.
Male pattern hair loss manifests as thinning of hair on scalp over a prolonged period of time. In effect, balding occurs or the hair line recedes on the top of the head. Hair thinning usually happens among men ages 20 and above. Male pattern hair loss continues to affect men in their advanced years. Permanent hair loss may result from prolonged experience of androgenetic alopecia.
Factors that cause male pattern hair loss include the family’s history of having this condition and the action of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a male hormone. Increased levels of DHT contribute significantly to increased loss of hair.
The action of PROPECIA®
- PROPECIA® reduces dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormone levels in the scalp, to prevent balding in males.
- PROPECIA® only affects hair on scalp, not the hair growing on different parts of the body.
- PROPECIA® is suitable for males experiencing hair loss that’s mild to moderate, not complete.
- PROPECIA® is not as effective for women as it is for men.
- PROPECIA® doesn’t require additional hair care changes like replacing your shampoo or modifying your haircut.
- PROPECIA® contains a non-addictive drug dosage.
Propecia 1mg Tablets Information